1. Why investors prefer Company over other forms?
Apart from limited liability, what attracts investors is easy transferability of shares, and also being a regulated organization certainly lends quite some credibility to the Company.
2. I am not resident of India, will the process remain same?
Yes, broadly the process remains the same. However, since some of the documents (id proofs, the address proofs, etc) would be issued by a foreign government, to establish the authenticity, the same needs to be signed by consular or apostille as per the Hague Convention. However post-registration an additional approval/filing with Reserve Bank of India shall have to be done.
3. I am not resident of India, will I need a resident to register the Company?
Yes, as per the Companies Act, 2013 it is mandatory to have at least 1 (One) resident director. A director is said to be a resident of India if he/she has spent more than 180 days in India.
4. What are the documents required for registering a Company?
Documents required from an individual for registering the Company :
- PAN - mandatory for Indian
- ID Proof, other than PAN
- Address Proof - latest telephone bill, mobile bill, bank statement, electricity bill.
Documents required from a shareholder who is a Company?
- Registration certificate of the Company.
- A resolution passed by the Company authorizing the registration of a Company.
- Address proof of the Company.
- In the case of holding Company, the resolution must state the name of the shareholders, directors, shareholding pattern.
- Address proof of the Company's registered office.